Disease is unable to survive in a human body that is alkaline. A healthy diet should consist of 80% alkaline foods (primarily green vegetables and some fruits) and beverages (alkaline water), but the average Canadian diet is only 3% alkaline. Fast foods, animal protein, sugars, white flour, carbonated soft drinks and coffee are all very acidic. Excess acids builds up over time and are stored in fat cells. Eventually, the excess acid will cause degenerative diseases such as arthritis, type2 diabetes, and cancer. Alkaline ionized water will assist your body to eliminate harmful acids and achieve the proper pH level… just as nature intended.
WHAT IS ALKALINE WATER?
Alkaline water has a pH level that is greater than 7.0.
WHAT IS PH?
pH is a measure of the availability of hydrogen in water. The pH scale is a logarithmic scale (each measurement of 1.0 is actually 10 times stronger) that ranges from 0 to 14. The lower the level of pH, the more acidic, while the higher the pH, the more alkaline. Pure water has a pH level of 7.0 which is neutral.
WHAT IS IONIZED WATER?
Water in its natural state exists in the form of H2O. Water can be split into H+ ions and OH- ions by the process of electrolysis (running water across charged metal plates). When the water is split, it can be separated into two streams. One stream contains H+ ions (acidic water), and the other contains OH- or hydroxyl ions (alkaline water).
BENEFITS OF ALKALINE IONIZED WATER (internal use):
- Powerful antioxidant that helps to remove dangerous free radicals
- Improves energy and stamina due to increased amount of oxygen in the water
- Strong detoxifying properties that eliminate harmful acids, allowing your body to return to a healthy alkaline state
- Microclustering makes the water up to six times more hydrating than bottled or tap water
- Sophisticated filters improve the taste and purity
- Promotes weight loss by removing fat bound acids from the body
BENEFITS OF ACID IONIZED WATER (external use):
- Effective astringent for skin care
- Highly effective antiseptic for cuts, abrasions, and wounds
- Powerful disinfectant for cleaning without harmful effects from chemicals
- Promotes plant growth and extends the life of fresh cut flowers
Below is a chart showing the uses of alkaline and acidic water at different levels of pH.
• removes pesticides and retards browning of fruits and vegetables
• brings out natural flavours in food
• ideal drinking level for most adults
• enhances the taste of tea or coffee
• used as an interim drinking level in the detoxification process
• some adults stay at this level as the 9.5 may be too strong
• suitable for first time drinkers of alkaline water (4-7 days)
• allows your body to adjust slowly to the increase in pH
• filtered water only to be used at mealtime
• used for taking medicines, or for blending powdered milk
• for brushing your teeth or gargling
• for washing your face – tones and firms skin
• relieves irritation of psoriasis, rashes, eczema, cuts, and burns
• environmentally friendly household cleaning and descaling
• sanitizes and sterilizes knives and cutting boards
• kills bacteria on contact
• powerful disinfectant
To learn which water ionizer is best for you, click here.